Summer Intensive Program Audition
Our 3-week Intensive Summer Program (by audition only) is designed for the career-oriented students ages 10-20 who are wanting to improve their skills, gain strength and broaden their knowledge of classical ballet and other forms of dance in a rich intensive classroom experience. At the culmination of the intensive program, NSB gives students an opportunity to demonstrate the various forms of choreography learned throughout the program to their parents.
Advanced Registration for the 2024 Summer Intensive Audition is required ($30 registration fee)
Auditions are scheduled for Sunday, January 28, 2024.
10-12 Years of Age: 11:00 am -12:30 pm
13-20 Years of Age: 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Auditions are for dancers ages 10-20. Auditions will be limited. Once filled, on a first come first serve basis, they will be closed, and another will be scheduled. Advanced registration is required. Please review NSB's COVID-19 Policy. Parents will not be allowed in the building on audition day. If you prefer to submit a video audition, follow the instructions below.
Dates: July 8 – July 26, 2024
NSB Studios, 32 Lowell Street, Reading, MA
* Please arrive a half-hour early for registration
* Bring pointe shoes
* Audition Fee payable to Northeast School of Ballet: $30.00
* Audition results will be mailed within 10 days of the audition
* If unable to make the scheduled audition students may schedule an audition with NSB before June 1st by calling (781) 944-9100 or may send an audition video to Northeast School of Ballet, 32 Lowell Street, Reading, MA 01867
Video Audition Requirements for NSB’s 2024 Summer Intensive Program:
- Open video with name, age, ballet school, city, state and country
- A headshot *professional photographs are not necessary
- Two photos in ballet clothing: first arabesque and tendu (À la seconde)
- A short description of the student’s training
- Audition Video Combinations at the Barre and Center:
At the barre: pliés, tendus, ronds de jambe, fondus, ronds de jambe en l’air and grand battements. In center: adagio, tendus, pirouettes, petite allégro, and grand allégro, and 3 exercises en pointe for candidates who have had previous pointe work.