Summer Intensive Program
Our 3-week Intensive Summer Program (by audition only) is designed for the career-oriented students ages 10-20 who are wanting to improve their skills, gain strength and broaden their knowledge of classical ballet and other forms of dance in a rich intensive classroom experience. At the culmination of the intensive program, NSB gives students an opportunity to demonstrate the various forms of choreography learned throughout the program through Zoom to their family.
Pre-Registration for the 2021 Summer Intensive Audition is required.
Auditions are scheduled for Sunday, February 21st, 2021.
10-13 Years of Age: 11:00am-12:30pm *FILLED
14-20 Years of Age: 1:30pm-3:00pm
10-13 Years of Age: 4:00pm-5:30pm
Auditions are for dancers ages 10-20. Because of COVID19 restrictions and guidelines, auditions will be limited. Once filled, on a first come first serve basis, they will be closed, and another will be scheduled. Pre-registration is required. Please review NSB's COVID-19 Policy. Parents will not be allowed in the building on audition day. If you prefer to submit a video audition, follow the instructions below.
Dates: June 28th – July 16th, 2021
NSB Studios, 32 Lowell Street, Reading, MA
* Please arrive a half-hour early for registration
* Bring pointe shoes
* Audition Fee payable to Northeast School of Ballet: $30.00
* Audition results will be mailed within 10 days of the audition
* If unable to make the scheduled audition students may schedule an audition with NSB before June 1st by calling (781) 944-9100 or may send an audition video to Northeast School of Ballet, 32 Lowell Street, Reading, MA 01867
Video Audition Requirements for NSB’s 2020 Summer Intensive Program:
- Open video with name, age, ballet school, city, state and country
- A headshot *professional photographs are not necessary
- Two photos in ballet clothing: first arabesque and tendu (À la seconde)
- A short description of the student’s training
- Audition Video Combinations at the Barre and Center:
At the barre: pliés, tendus, ronds de jambe, fondus, ronds de jambe en l’air and grand battements. In center: adagio, tendus, pirouettes, petite allégro, and grand allégro, and 3 exercises en pointe for candidates who have had previous pointe work.