NSB is one of many not-for-profit arts organizations that have been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Shutdowns have forced cancelations of our performance season and academic programming. This has resulted in a substantial loss of revenue for the school and company. We are entering our 50th year of training dancers, please partner with us and help us continue to provide the opportunity to our artists, audiences, and greater community for the years to come.
Support the Ballet
Celebrating Over 50 Years of Dance
Arts & Culture has been a cornerstone of our society since the birth of the Renaissance. It speaks to who we are as individuals and as a society - and tells a story of how we each view the world. It stretches our imaginations and breathes new life into old ideas- bridging the social gaps among diverse groups- enriching our community. The Northeast Youth Ballet (NYB) and NYB’s official training school, the Northeast School of Ballet (NSB) have been a part of this cultural landscape for half a century, and we are committed to ensuring our legacy for future generations.
Our students’ families have told us that they support our organization because they value our mission that is dedicated to fostering a creative environment and providing educational opportunities for our youth, setting the highest standards of dance, and playing an active role in the cultural life of the communities we serve. For 50 years, the school and company have created a space for children to learn the art of ballet experience life-lasting friendships, and nurture the artist in every child. Dance training develops technique, coordination, musicality, strength, and flexibility, but beyond the physical, the benefits acquired through an arts education, such as creativity, confidence, decision making, focus, patience, perseverance, and experiencing a mind-body-soul connection are skills that each child will take with them into adulthood.
We celebrate the many students, families, and community members who have so generously donated to our organization throughout the years. Our sponsors have supported us in so many ways, from providing scholarships, creating new sets and costumes, providing technical support, and quickly assembling a Relief Fund during the COVID19 Pandemic. We could not have done it without your support and invite you to partner with us to celebrate our 50th Anniversary Season. Improving our community, we believe, can be achieved in part through the arts- and is something worth investing time, energy, spirit, and resources in. At NSB and NYB, we know when a child is given the opportunity to explore their dreams, realize their potential, and achieve their goals, the possibilities of a better future are endless for all or us.
Support the Dancers of Tomorrow
Northeast School of Ballet and Northeast Youth Ballet depend on the generosity of its sponsors to maintain and enhance our programs. It counts among its supporters more than 100 hardworking volunteers, many corporate and individual donors, including the Massachusetts Cultural Council, but additional funds are needed in order to realize our goals:
• Enhancing community outreach through lectures, demonstrations, and performances
• Creating a youth mentoring program
• Offering merit and need-based scholarships
• Creating new works and staging ballets
• Collaborating with guest choreographers, musicians, designers, and other artists
• Continuing an annual student-exchange program with other ballet companies around the country and abroad
• Stimulating volunteerism
• Continuing to offer reduced-price or complimentary admission for groups in need
• Capital improvements to our studios
• Allowing us to dynamically respond to crises, such as the COVID-19 pandemic
Become a Sponsor Today!
We invite you to consider becoming a sponsor of the Ballet —a partnership we strongly believe will enrich the lives of our communities on many important levels. Donations are tax-deductible. NYB and NSB are 501c3 charitable organizations.
Benefactor — $1,000.00 USD
Patron — $500.00 USD
Supporter — $250.00 USD
Contributor — $100.00 USD
Partner — $50.00 USD
Friend — $25.00 USD
Please make your check payable to Northeast School of Ballet and send to:
Northeast School of Ballet
32 Lowell Street
Other ways to support us:
• Matching gifts double the impact of your donation and increase your level of membership benefit. Check with your employer for information about your company’s matching program.
• Shop on Amazon? Please consider using smile.amazon.com and search for NSB, Inc.
• Do you have in kind services or time that you can donate? We so appreciate help with costume repairs, fundraising, design of new sets and props. Please contact us to discuss.
We thank the Massachusetts Cultural Council and Reading and North Andover Local Cultural Councils for their support of Northeast School of Ballet!